2/3rd cup seitan cut into small strips or chunks
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic diced or ½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ cup parmesan style topping or shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup broccoli (on the side or in the mix)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, and pour the olive oil into another. If you are using fresh garlic mix it in with the oil
- take a small baking dish and line it with aluminum foil (or grease it lightly)
- Dip the seitan in oil one piece at a time
- Then, roll it lightly in the cheese and spices, and place the strips into the pan.
- Once all the seitan is lightly coated on both sides, place the baking dish into the oven and cook for ten minutes
- Remove from the oven, stir, add the (optional) broccoli and then put it back in for another ten to fifteen minutes,
This recipe is pretty simple. I basically took the popcorn broccoli recipe and made a whole meal of it. I often throw in whatever veggies I have lying around. I also cook it in one big batch at the beginning of every week so I just reheat come dinner time. That way I can have it almost every night. I have been making this with “Go Veggie” brand parmesan style cheese shreds. That makes it vegan. I find that the texture is good too. It gives the seitan crunchy feel but doesn’t burn.