Monday, November 9, 2015

Parmesan Crusted Seitan


Ingredients

2/3rd cup seitan cut into small strips or chunks
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic diced or ½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ cup parmesan style topping or shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup broccoli (on the side or in the mix)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350
  2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, and pour the olive oil into another. If you are using fresh garlic mix it in with the oil
  3. take a small baking dish and line it with aluminum foil (or grease it lightly)
  4. Dip the seitan in oil one piece at a time 
  5. Then, roll it lightly in the cheese and spices, and place the strips into the pan.
  6. Once all the seitan is lightly coated on both sides, place the baking dish into the oven and cook for ten minutes
  7. Remove from the oven, stir, add the (optional) broccoli and then put it back in for another ten to fifteen minutes,


This recipe is pretty simple. I basically took the popcorn broccoli recipe and made a whole meal of it. I often throw in whatever veggies I have lying around. I also cook it in one big batch at the beginning of every week so I just reheat come dinner time. That way I can have it almost every night. I have been making this with “Go Veggie” brand parmesan style cheese shreds. That makes it vegan. I find that the texture is good too. It gives the seitan crunchy feel but doesn’t burn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment