Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chick-n Parmesan

I have always loved Italian food. When I was a little kid my mom used to make these amazing dinners with tortellini in pesto sauce and chicken or eggplant Parmesan, almost every week. I loved it so much that when I wanted a snack, I'd go into the fridge, find the leftovers and put some tortellini on a plate. When I became a vegetarian, chicken Parmesan was no longer an option, but then I realized that I could do the same thing with this dish that I've done with countless others. I used to make Chick-n parmesan with pieces of seitan, until I discovered the Quorn cutlets, which look and taste a lot like chicken breasts, and I personally think it works much better this way.
Ingredients:

1. 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin is best but feel free to use regular, virgin, or any other oil of your choice)

2. 1 Quorn Naked Chicken Cutlet

3. ½ of a Portobello mushroom cap diced

4. 2/3 of a cup tomato sauce

5. Mozzarella cheese (optional)


Directions:

1. Heat the olive oil in a small pan

2. Cook the mushrooms and cutlet in oil until cutlet is a light brown and mushrooms are soft and juicy.

3. Make an aluminum foil packet and place cutlet inside.

4. Top with tomato sauce, mushrooms, and cheese

5. Bake in toaster oven at 350° for approximately 10 minutes

6. Serve with pasta or a salad

No comments:

Post a Comment