Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Fruit Salad"

”Mama’sSalads should not be listed in cook books with an exact recipe.
That's my opinion.  Portion size varies from person to person 
depending on how much you want or like to eat and whether
 you want it to be a starter or your whole meal.
I like making salads and they are simple to create.
So I'll be posting a lot.

Fruit Salad:

mix chopped strawberries, Mandarin oranges, diced avocado,
some fresh blueberries, and chopped pecans,
with a bowl of spinach and romaine lettuce leaves.
I personally top it with Lily's Raspberry-Walnut
vinaigrette, but I think that has almost as much to do with t
he brand name as the fact that the flavor goes
well with this salad, and as such, any other
dressing would work just as well.




I made this salad for myself several times,
and then a few years back we had people over for a party
and my parents asked me to make a salad for everyone.
I did, and people liked it so much that I've been making
salads for parties and at home ever since.
Sorry but this is the only picture I have
and you can't see the blueberries in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment