¼ cup Portobello mushroom, diced
3 teaspoons of Epicurean black truffle butter or any truffle butter you can find.(BTB)**
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
*truffle butter can be quite expensive, and is sometimes hard to find. If you have no choice, mix the leftover juice from cooking the mushrooms with the eggs
- melt 1 teaspoon of BTB in a small to medium sized frying pan
- Add the mushrooms and let cook for about a minute, before pouring in half the milk.
- Cook the mushrooms in the milk and butter, stirring occasionally
- in a bowl whisk the eggs with the rest of the milk
- Drain the mushroom pan and then add the diced Portobellos to egg mixture
- melt the rest of the BTB in the empty pan*, or if you prefer in a second pan
- Pour the eggs and mushrooms into the frying pan
- cook the eggs until light and fluffy, then add the cheese
- fold the cooked omelet and serve with potatoes, toast, or a bagel
*if you have milk and TBT left over, pour it into a small container and refrigerate or freeze for later use.