½ cup mini chocolate chips
about 1 teaspoon peanut butter (if desired)
1 tablespoon of chili powder
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
¼ package of West Soy seitan
A dash of diced onion or onion powder to taste
About 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (if desired)
- In a small pan combine the chopped seitan with chocolate chips and onions (if desired)
- Add heat until chocolate melts, then mix
- Add the spices and stir
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes on low flame, stirring regularly
- Top with Sour cream and tomatoes if desired
- Serve with beans and rice, salad, tortilla chips, or a small tamale (as pictured)
I don't know when the first time I had mole sauce was, probably some time in my childhood. I loved the stuff. My parents used to make mole sauce at home--from a jar--and now as an adult I've been experimenting with both the stuff in a jar (just add water) and my own special mixture. I've been making this a lot lately, because I was experimenting with making tamales. I think I'm almost ready to post that recipe too.
I don't like either picture, but they are all I've got.