Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Quick and Easy "Chicken" Mole



Ingredients:
½ cup mini chocolate chips
about 1 teaspoon peanut butter (if desired)
1 tablespoon of chili powder
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
¼ package of West Soy seitan
A dash of diced onion or onion powder to taste
About 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (if desired)
Directions
  1. In a small pan combine the chopped seitan with chocolate chips and onions (if desired)
  2. Add heat until chocolate melts, then mix
  3. Add the spices and stir
  4. Cook for approximately 15 minutes on low flame, stirring regularly
  5. Top with Sour cream and tomatoes if desired
  6. Serve with beans and rice, salad, tortilla chips, or a small tamale (as pictured)
I don't know when the first time I had mole sauce was, probably some time in my childhood. I loved the stuff. My parents used to make mole sauce at home--from a jar--and now as an adult I've been experimenting with both the stuff in a jar (just add water) and my own special mixture. I've been making this a lot lately, because I was experimenting with making tamales. I think I'm almost ready to post that recipe too.


I don't like either picture, but they are all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment